Fred’s Transport is now a registered COVIDSafe Company.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our staff, customers and the community we have now introduced additional measures throughout our business including new signage, hygiene and cleaning protocols, and social distancing guidelines.
Please note that visitors to our Shepparton Depot must make a booking prior to entry. Our NSW and Queensland depots will not be accessible during this period until further notice.
Wellbeing of Staff
- All staff members including Admin/Operations/Workshop and Drivers who are experiencing flu-like symptoms, or present to work unwell, must report to management and are required to stay home.
- Drivers who are on duty and experiencing symptoms are required to report to Operations immediately on the relevant number below, cease their trip and arrange to be tested:
- VIC: (03) 5820 2402
- NSW: (02) 9755 1869
- QLD: (07) 3376 8900
- All staff undergoing testing, will only be cleared to return to their regular duties once clearance documentation has been received.
- All test requests/test results are required to be circulated to Operations/Compliance/Management staff via email for record-keeping purposes.
- If a staff member has been in contact with any person who has produced a positive COVID-19 test result, you MUST report this to Operations immediately.
- All meetings are to be held via video conferencing or phone call. All external meetings for admin/management need to be recorded via personal diaries for tracing purposes.
For all Company drivers who would like to discuss their current leave entitlements that are available to them in the event, they are sick/required to self-isolate, are advised to contact the payroll department on (03) 5820 2405.
• Please adhere to all signage/markers where applicable.
• Any drivers who require gloves/masks/sanitiser, are advised to contact Head Office to arrange. It is recommended that you utilise masks and gloves for all deliveries. Some customer sites already supply these as part of standard practice during this period.
• Zero assistance is preferred when loading/unloading to eliminate multiple touchpoints on the vehicle.
• Paperwork where possible is to be in submitted in digital format. The CamScanner app is recommended to send all paperwork through to firstname.lastname@example.org. All drivers have been given instructions on how to use this app. If you do not have a copy of the instructions, please contact head office to arrange a new copy. CamScanner also has provisions for sign on glass features which may be utilized. All surfaces must be wiped down with an alcohol-based wipe/spray after use.
Hygiene and Cleaning
All staff are required to ensure good hygiene and cleaning practises below:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with your elbow, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Avoid contact with others and stay more than 1.5m from people.
- Avoid handshaking.
- Eat lunch at your desk or outside rather than in the lunchroom.
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces regularly.
- Consider opening windows and adjusting air conditioning for more ventilation.
- Limit food handling and sharing of food in the workplace.
- Wipe down workstations upon completion of shifts.
- Local drivers are recommended to wipe down touchpoints prior to entering the vehicle.
- All drivers are recommended to utilise face masks, gloves and their own pen/writing tool for all deliveries within Victoria.
- All drivers must strictly adhere to any loading and/or unloading site COVID-19 based requirements.
- Staff are required to report any lack of cleaning supplies within the office immediately, with replenishments to be arranged promptly.
- All staff are to adhere to all signs and notices in the workplace.
If you have any questions regarding our COVIDSafe practices please contact Head Office on (03) 5820 2402.